Summary::
Created On: 04/25/2002 12:51 PM

Pages: [ 1 2 3 >> Next ]
View topic in raw text format.
 04/25/2002 12:51 PM
 User is offline  View Users Profile  Print this message

Author Icon
MARYANN234

dOES ANYONE HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT REPLACING CARTLEDGE. I HAVE HEARD ABOUT DR. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.. ALLAN DUNN IN NORTH MIAMI,FLORIDA BUT I LIVE IN NEW YORK
    Reply     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 07/26/2004 09:33 AM

Author Icon
vssigler

I have had an arthroscopic surgery and then HGH injections and have grown about 4 mil of cartilage, from a bone on bone condition. While I live in Miami, I have met a number of patients who come in from other states for treatment.
 12/07/2004 12:01 PM

Author Icon
SAC

Anyone who has had or knows of the clinic in Florida that administer the Human Growth Hormone injections, please contact me.
 12/07/2004 12:35 PM

Author Icon
vssigler

Tis not a clinic, but a doctor, Allan Dunn, a board certified orthopedist surgeon. I began the injections in April; taking 9 shots over a span of time ending in September. Went from bone on bone outside lateral portion of knee to a growth of about 4 mil. of cartilage. (A good new knee has 6 to 8). It's not an excellent knee, but it is better then bone on bone and my pain level has decreased. If you have more questions, please ask.
 12/07/2004 12:37 PM

Author Icon
vssigler

I had my knee worked on by Dr. Dunn from April to Sept., receiving 9 injections of HGH and have had a growth of about 4 mil., of cartilage from bone on bone. More questions, just ask. Victoria
 12/07/2004 12:38 PM

Author Icon
vssigler

I let Dr. Dunn work on my knee from April to SEpt., with 9 injections of HGH and experienced growth of about 4 mil. of cartilege, from a situation of bone on bone. I know other people travel to Fla. for HGH procedures by him, but I am not aware of who, if anyone is trying this approach in other states.
 01/01/2005 08:19 PM

Author Icon
valerieacarr

Be careful to do yuor homeowrk on this Dr in Florida. I had a radiologist at University Hospital with 30 years rexperience look at the Xrays this Florida guru doc posted & he said they were fraudulent. Another PhD checked out his educational credentials & they were fraudulent. He's probably great at teaching Tai Chi though, from what I have heard. Placebo is a potent healer.
 01/01/2005 08:40 PM

Author Icon
vssigler

You might very well have your doctors confused. There is another doctor in Surfside Florida, who does advocate tai chi, however, that is not Dr. Dunn. Perhaps you should verify whose name you are critiquing.
 01/04/2005 09:06 PM

Author Icon
John11724

Dr. Dunn treated my knee two years ago. Sure there was an extensive period of being on crutches and then PT, but the results have been very satisfactory. Before, I could walk not more than 1/2 block, was on a cane and had been told by several Docs that TKR was the only solution. Now, I am back to fishing, hunting, and working on my hobby farm. I go shopping in the malls and walk and stand for several hours at a time. No longer does going to the mall or store involve a planned attack on how to park, get in and out with as little walking as possible. It is not a new knee, but it is the next best thing! This procedure has restored my mobility and my lifestyle. Not knock it until you have tried it. Feel free to write me if you need more info. John
 01/13/2005 07:05 AM

Author Icon
gil

Saw your note regarding HGH - I am 53 (active -biking and golfing) and exploring alternatives to knee replacement. I am optimistic cartilage regeneration will be more common place. Consequently, I do not want partial or total knee replacement which takes away any possibility of having a natural knee. 1. Was this process covered by your insurance. 2. Do you know anyone in the Baltimore/Washinton area that performs this routinely. 3. What is the success rate with other patients, if you know. 4. what is therapy all about.
 01/14/2005 08:00 PM

Author Icon
vssigler

The injections are not covered by insurance, but the doctor visit is covered. I am not aware of any doctor, yet in the Baltimore area who does this type of work. The doctor who worked on me, says that he has grown cartilage in 75% of the knees upon which he has worked, but I of curse, don't have access to his data base to verify that information. I have spoken with at least 6 others, however, who had successful re growth. Therapy, depends on what you had done, but usually consists of walking in a pool, for an hour a day to keep the muscles and joint going, in a non weight environment
 01/16/2005 03:55 PM

Author Icon
triford

I'm from Australia and am very interested in finding a doctor that performs these injections/treatments out here. Does anybody know of one and can somebody also please give me the correct name for the treatment you guys are akll talking about? Thanks.
 01/19/2005 07:13 AM

Author Icon
gil

This may be redundant but I found my informaton via the Knee1 Forum. Also, what I did recently is sit down with my doctor and asked him about this and other options. He was not overly enthusiasiic about the long term benefits of this approach for me. I have not given up my research based on one opinion. I might suggest (I should take my own advice) contacting a teaching hospital in your area to find out what they are doing in this area, what informatin they can provide, and most importanlty who are good candidates for this type of surgery. Hope this is of some value.
 01/19/2005 11:20 AM

Author Icon
valerieacarr

The Stone Clinic, in San Francisco is a cutting edge orthopedic practice. One might start there as Dr Stone does procedures other orthos may still only dream of doing. Some insurance companies do not cover, however - the reason I did not get treated by him. They have a great, informative web site -and the doc may personally write to you if you have questions. www.stoneclinic.com In answer to the Aussie's request for HGH injections, (no hard science approves this approach) this procedure has been called LaJRaN (Ligament & Joint Regeneration & Nuevo-generation), I saw this gentleman's ad on an in-flight mag while traveling back to NZ - he is in Miami Beach, but his xrays & educational qualifications did not check out by my friends, a radiologist & a teaching professor (as I was seriously thinking of seeing him before I decided on Microfracture & a Collagen Meniscus Implant from Dr Steadman in Vail, Colorado(now available in Australia, but awaiting FDA approval later this year in the US). www.arthritisusa.net There is another doc who has published one paper & has an orthopedic degree who does this HGH series of injections- also in Florida, I believe. His web site is given earlier on this chat site by a woman who swears by him. Valerie.
 01/26/2005 09:48 PM

Author Icon
pmlkrl

I have been a patient of Doctor Farshchian (LaJRan-Center for Regenerative Medicine in North Miami Beach) for appx 2 years. When I intially came to Dr.Farshchian I had a very bad right knee due to surgery (removal of cartilage) from a college football injury at the age of 18.(I am currently 48.)I came to Dr. Farshian's office with low expectations as result of years of pain and finding no real cure for my knee. (I had several othopedic doctors review my knee and they all recommended knee replacement and told me that I would out-live the "new knee" and would have to go thru the surgery at least 1 more time.) As a result I started receiving injections from Dr. Farshian. It took appx. 7 injections (3 months) for me to start feeling improvement in my knee. This is not an over night cure but I no longer need to take pain killers and I can continue my biking and golfing with little or no pain. Over the past 2 years I have met several patients at Dr. Farshchian's office. I have heard only very positive comments regarding the results or their treatments. My name is Paul Leikert and my email is pmlkrl@aol.com if anyone would like to ask me any questions
 01/27/2005 08:04 AM

Author Icon
gil

Thanks for the encouraging news - I find it odd that given some of the success stories read in this forum, HGH is not more widely accepted-advertised. Of course, my questions comes down to cost - was the treatment covered by your insurance. ( Thinking out load - I wonder if they still consider this experimental and if so, when insurance carriers might start covering it.) One more question - in addition to the right knee issue, which we both share, I have a torn cartilage in the left knee. Do you know if HGH is of value there as well. Also did the doctor recommend natural supplements to promote cartilage growth. Do you have to go
 01/27/2005 08:02 PM

Author Icon
pmlkrl

GSMELTZER@peoplepc.com- In response to your questions: My insurance has covered appx. 30%of the cost of the injections from Dr. Farshchian. I cannot comment on torn cartilage as I do not experience that problem. The doctor does recommend oral natural supplements. In regards to the acceptance of this procedure used by Dr. Farhchian, my guess is his practice has expanded 10-fold in the last 2 years (I have been a patient for 2 years.) Paul Leikert
 02/07/2005 10:26 PM

Author Icon
IAGH1790

Dr. Allan R. Dunn, M.D., an Orthopedic Surgeon trained at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC, discovered the use of Growth Hormone injections to grow joint cartilage in 1965. Dr. Dunn has performed animal research for over 25 years to develop the dosages and safety of the IAGH method. The scientific basis for the success of IAGH is that IAGH produces stem cells which are signalled in the joint to form cartilage cells which form a new surface. This major scientific discovery was published in a peer reviewed journal. Microvascular Research, vol. 63, pages 295 to 303, 2002. The animal research findongs led to the formation of The IAGH Project of which Dr. Dun is the Chief Investigator. Dr. Dunn has been treating patients since 1998 and started with an FDA approved study. In a recent review by independent scientists of results of knees Dr. Dunn treated with IAGH and followed for 4 years, 84 % were satisfied with the results and only 16% had total knee replacements. All 100% of these patients were scheduled to have total knee replacements prior to having IAGH treatment. IAGH is the only proven alternative to total knee replacement for arthritic knees. IAGH helps the body produce its own stem cells to regnerate a new cartilage joint surface. When you choose a doctor check his training and experience. There is a doctor mentioned in this chat room who has no orthopedic or arthritis (rheumatology) training, and has performed no research on growth hormone injections. He may add several unknown products to the injections he uses and might cause serious problems. There was just recently a problem with Botox injections used by an untrained doctor who caused serious side effects. Be cautious and make sure the doctor you use has done research with growth hormone and has published articles in peer reviewed journals and has the post-graduate education to treat joints. Dr. Dunn certainly qualifies. Read IAGH.COM for Dr. Dunn's qualifications.
 02/18/2005 12:05 PM

Author Icon
ruthm

Knee problems are serious business. Fortunately, I have had very successful treatments with Human Growth Hormone. Not a total cure, but brought me back to 75% of normal. But it is important to select a level headed Doctor for this treatment. Credibility is important. Doctors who pressure sell themselves and their credentials should be avoided on the theory that bad taste is a precursor to bad judgement. One of the most aggressive examples has even invaded this forum where a Dr. Dunn in a post coming from his own email address, quotes a long self promoting piece from his own web site, insinuating that he is practicing under the umbrella of the FDA by mentioning his use of a nameless FDA study, claiming that he somehow discovered the treatment way back in 1965, but only started to treat patients just six years ago. What is this? Then at the end of this self promoting post, Dr. Dunn touts himself declaring in grand conclusion: “Dr. Dunn certainly qualifies”. A comedy. Who needs this. Keeping a knee functioning is a serious matter that should only be in the hands of serious people. This forum should not be used for this kind of blatant self promotion, however entertaining.
 02/19/2005 02:43 PM

Author Icon
ruthm

To make clear my last post: Not every Doctor who exhibits bad taste in over the top self promotion is necessarily going to have bad judgment. But it sort of makes you want to question, and question carefully in my opinion. So looking again you see this Dr. Dunn spending a third of his self-promoting post demeaning some other Doctor whom he speculates may be giving injurious substances in his treatment. With no claim that he really knows this, just speculating, this is malicious. Isn’t there some limit to self promotion?
 02/19/2005 10:06 PM

Author Icon
IAGH1790

Some person unknown to me stated that I was making malicious comments about another doctor. That is completely untrue. The other doctor promotes the fact that the injections he gives contain several natural substances other than HGH. You would be better served if you could have the other doctor provide the public with a complete list of the several other substances. HGH is an FDA approved medication. The several other substances should be subject to some form of scientific review to determine if they are truly safe. The fact that no one seems to know what these several other substances are, and since they have not been subject to any scientific review should send up a red flag. Merely relying on the statement that these substances are natural substances and not clearly identified should signal any normal person to be cautious. So I am raising the question "What are these several natural substances?" I think that is a fair question. If any person knows what these natural substances are, please let everybody know so they can make a judgment as to whether these substances should be injected in one's body. Every health food supplement in every health food store has a list of ingredients on every bottle. Then every intelligent consumer can read the ingredients and decide if they are safe to ingest. That is not malicious, just good common sense. So I believe I am supplying a word of caution. There are many substances that might cause damage to a joint and they should not be injected into a joint. If any person knows exactly what those several natural substances are, please list them in this chat room. A.R.Dunn. M.D., Miami Florida.
 02/19/2005 10:25 PM

Author Icon
valerieacarr

Please refer to the 2 postings made on Jan 19, by me and another man. I still contend that if the top orthopedic surgeons in this country like Stone & Steadmam do not advocate HGH, it is not the scientific method of choice and buyer beware! This isn't o say it is harmful, or does not work in some cases - placebo is a very powerful thing. I see that MACI is an emerging technology - like collagen meniscus implants. There is much on the horizon. Keep the faith, there are too many people in this country with osteoarthritis induced by exercise to not have a breakthrough occur soon. By the way, the microfracture feels fantastic after 4 months of compliance! I can start skiing in April! Fantastic. Hopefully, pain-free for once. I'll let you all know.
 02/19/2005 10:41 PM

Author Icon
IAGH1790

It is quite normal for medical treatments to start out with trials on laboratory animals. I started out with laboratory animal experiments in 1965. I injected purified growth hormone into the knees of adult rabbits and discovered that GH caused articular cartilage to grow. I did several series of studies on laboratory animals to identify the reasons that GH causes articular cartilage to grow. Such experiments take a number of years. It was after I determined that the IAGH process had no side effects in animals that I progressed to the treatment of patients. That is the proper conservative scientific way to bring proposed treatments to clinical use. Most present day treatments have come to clinical use by a similar path of animal experiments first, then treat patients after the animal trials prove safe. The person who is criticizing my conservative scientific approach should carefully consider what he means. He should applaud the fact that such a method has been carefully developed with safety as a prime goal. All my patient know I am a serious practitioner of medicine and also a scientist. And they respect the fact that I have had the courage to develop a safe alternative to joint replacement surgery. I have devoted about 7,000 hours to the IAGH project since 1965. That is in addition to the 1000's of hours I have spent practicing orthopedic surgery. I am the pioneer in my field. My medical colleagues respect my accomplishments. In my opinion, the person criticizing me is not medically trained and should stop the unfounded criticism. A.R.Dunn, M.D., Miami Florida. 2/19/05
 02/28/2005 10:21 PM

Author Icon
jen23

From: rmacniven@aol.com Posted: Feb. 18, 2005 - 12:05:38 PM Message 20 of 24 Knee problems are serious business. Fortunately, I have had very successful treatments with Human Growth Hormone. Not a total cure, but brought me back to 75% of normal. But it is important to select a level headed Doctor for this treatment. Credibility is important. Doctors who pressure sell themselves and their credentials should be avoided on the theory that bad taste is a precursor to bad judgement. One of the most aggressive examples has even invaded this forum where a Dr. Dunn in a post coming from his own email address, quotes a long self promoting piece from his own web site, insinuating that he is practicing under the umbrella of the FDA by mentioning his use of a nameless FDA study, claiming that he somehow discovered the treatment way back in 1965, but only started to treat patients just six years ago. What is this? Then at the end of this self promoting post, Dr. Dunn touts himself declaring in grand conclusion: “Dr. Dunn certainly qualifies”. A comedy. Who needs this. Keeping a knee functioning is a serious matter that should only be in the hands of serious people. This forum should not be used for this kind of blatant self promotion, however entertaining.
 03/01/2005 01:47 AM

Author Icon
Justitia

So I looked at Dr. Dunn's site as well as Dr. Al Farshchian's. Dr. Dunn claims publications to support his research and then refers the reader to see below. The only "written" item he has is a "monograph" which means nothing. You can type up you own hypothesis and print it out on your printer and it is a monograph. A real publication is something published in a journal that is subject to peer review scrutiny..It is clear Dr. Dunn, despite all his claims to being the discoverer of HGH as means to regrow cartiledge, was never able to publish a single paper on it. His web site is embarrasing. He went to my alma mater, Cornell University, (where I got my Ph.D.)and he has apparantly reasonably good training. But these invited lectures--they are easy to come by. And I am so suspicious of his Johns-Hopkins claims, which is right down the street from my university. Ironically, I have also been a Visiting Professor for 2 years at the University of Ghent in Belgium --one year as a Fulbright Scholar; Ghent is one of the places he claims to have presented 4 papers. But I am fairly familiar with the acceptance policy of conferences in Europe--you pay your fees and your paper(s) is (are) accepted for presentation. It would not be too hard to check out exactly the level of discernment used in allowing these presentations. It is too wierd that he did nothing for 20 years and then suddenly started to speak about this? And he is really using slight of hand when he states that what he is doing is going to be included in "future" FDA studies. That means absolutely nothing. All the reason not to trust him. Anyone who misleads or obfuscates information about their accomplishments can't be trusted. Even though his web-site is more professionally put together than the other doctor's, he inspires as little confidence for me. How do we find a doctor who really is knowledgeable and trustworthy about HGH. Is there any reliable knowledge out there? Are there any publications in peer-reviewed journals that can be cited? Justitia
 03/01/2005 03:14 PM

Author Icon
JoeI

Like many of you, too much of the cartilege in my knees has either been removed to provide the needed lubrication and padding. During my last visit with my doctor he mentioned several posibilities, including glucosamine & condritin supplements, HGH, cadaver cartilege transplant,and partial or full knee replacement as options, some having greater chance of success than others. The reason I am here is because I am looking for information on these options. After reviewing the postings, I am struck by the debate that I find. It appears clear to me that Dunn is jealous about what the other physician (presumably also licensed by the state of Florida) is providing his patients. Even though I am not a physician, I would presume that a colleague in the profession would be using something proven to be safe rather than insinuate that it may be harmful. I personally find such a statement to be very serious allegation. Who is to say that this other physician is not using something like saline or some other perfectly harmless solution? The request that this information be published only suggests that he wants to learn the other's professional secret and benefit from its disclosure. In short, I do not have a high opinion of Dunn even if he truly is the pioneer in this area. I find his comments petty, juvenile, and not worthy of a person in his profession. I know that I will not use his services.
 03/02/2005 03:44 PM

Author Icon
jen23

From: rmacniven@aol.com Posted: Feb. 18, 2005 - 12:05:38 PM Message 20 of 24 Knee problems are serious business. Fortunately, I have had very successful treatments with Human Growth Hormone. Not a total cure, but brought me back to 75% of normal. But it is important to select a level headed Doctor for this treatment. Credibility is important. Doctors who pressure sell themselves and their credentials should be avoided on the theory that bad taste is a precursor to bad judgement. One of the most aggressive examples has even invaded this forum where a Dr. Dunn in a post coming from his own email address, quotes a long self promoting piece from his own web site, insinuating that he is practicing under the umbrella of the FDA by mentioning his use of a nameless FDA study, claiming that he somehow discovered the treatment way back in 1965, but only started to treat patients just six years ago. What is this? Then at the end of this self promoting post, Dr. Dunn touts himself declaring in grand conclusion: “Dr. Dunn certainly qualifies”. A comedy. Who needs this. Keeping a knee functioning is a serious matter that should only be in the hands of serious people. This forum should not be used for this kind of blatant self promotion, however entertaining.

Edited: 07/16/2008 at 09:00 PM by jen23
 03/02/2005 09:13 PM

Author Icon
valerieacarr

Interestingly enough, it seems as though the other doc mentioned on this site several months ago may have now joined the discussion! As I said many months ago, let the buyer beware when investing in HGH injections. Total knee replacement is evolving, (guided navigational devices, half inch incisions, better materials all the time which will waer better than plastic/titanium) as are cartilage repair surgeries. Keep searching the web under Total Knee Replacement or Osteoarthritis or cartilage repair or other such phrases. The most important thing I have learned through my experience with microfracture, is that maintaining the quadracepts muscles, also hamstring, abductor & inductor muscle strength (all-around strengh for the legs) helps keep the weight of the bones off the knee thereby alleviating stress (and pain) to the knee joint, and making it last longer, while science progresses to fit your needs. Well, I'm not an orthopedic or PT person, so I may not have phrased this correctly, but hopefully you get my drift. Gym time, doing isolated machines or strength classes with weights, will increase the longevity of the knee. And no running downhill! Even hiking downhill is deleterious to the knee. OK, I've said enough. I am now pretty happy with my microfracture - skiing in 4 more weeks!)Valerie.
 03/02/2005 11:16 PM

Author Icon
ted327

Dr. Allan R. Dunn, M.D., an Orthopedic Surgeon trained at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC, discovered the use of Growth Hormone injections to grow joint cartilage in 1965. Dr. Dunn has performed animal research for over 25 years to develop the dosages and safety of the IAGH method. The scientific basis for the success of IAGH is that IAGH produces stem cells which are signalled in the joint to form cartilage cells which form a new surface. This major scientific discovery was published in a peer reviewed journal. Microvascular Research, vol. 63, pages 295 to 303, 2002. The animal research findongs led to the formation of The IAGH Project of which Dr. Dun is the Chief Investigator. Dr. Dunn has been treating patients since 1998 and started with an FDA approved study. In a recent review by independent scientists of results of knees Dr. Dunn treated with IAGH and followed for 4 years, 84 % were satisfied with the results and only 16% had total knee replacements. All 100% of these patients were scheduled to have total knee replacements prior to having IAGH treatment. IAGH is the only proven alternative to total knee replacement for arthritic knees. IAGH helps the body produce its own stem cells to regnerate a new cartilage joint surface. When you choose a doctor check his training and experience. There is a doctor mentioned in this chat room who has no orthopedic or arthritis (rheumatology) training, and has performed no research on growth hormone injections. He may add several unknown products to the injections he uses and might cause serious problems. There was just recently a problem with Botox injections used by an untrained doctor who caused serious side effects. Be cautious and make sure the doctor you use has done research with growth hormone and has published articles in peer reviewed journals and has the post-graduate education to treat joints. Dr. Dunn certainly qualifies. Read IAGH.COM for Dr. Dunn's qualifications.
 03/02/2005 11:18 PM

Author Icon
ted327

It is quite normal for medical treatments to start out with trials on laboratory animals. I started out with laboratory animal experiments in 1965. I injected purified growth hormone into the knees of adult rabbits and discovered that GH caused articular cartilage to grow. I did several series of studies on laboratory animals to identify the reasons that GH causes articular cartilage to grow. Such experiments take a number of years. It was after I determined that the IAGH process had no side effects in animals that I progressed to the treatment of patients. That is the proper conservative scientific way to bring proposed treatments to clinical use. Most present day treatments have come to clinical use by a similar path of animal experiments first, then treat patients after the animal trials prove safe. The person who is criticizing my conservative scientific approach should carefully consider what he means. He should applaud the fact that such a method has been carefully developed with safety as a prime goal. All my patient know I am a serious practitioner of medicine and also a scientist. And they respect the fact that I have had the courage to develop a safe alternative to joint replacement surgery. I have devoted about 7,000 hours to the IAGH project since 1965. That is in addition to the 1000's of hours I have spent practicing orthopedic surgery. I am the pioneer in my field. My medical colleagues respect my accomplishments. In my opinion, the person criticizing me is not medically trained and should stop the unfounded criticism. A.R.Dunn, M.D., Miami Florida. 2/19/05
 03/03/2005 12:04 AM

Author Icon
IAGH1790

Dear anonymous orthopedic surgeon in Nevada: Many new concepts have been received with negative feelings. Any orthopedic surgeon who makes comments such as yours fails to recognize that we surgeons will soon be performing biological arthroplasties using growth hormone rather than metal and plastic. We are in the 21st Century and patients expect us to seize the moment to use biological treatments. I was ahead of my time in 1965 when I started on the road to BIOLOGIC ARTHROPLASY. I was the pioneer. Back then many orthopedists probably thought ill of me. Some thought we had to only use hammers and nails. Today, many surgeons have started to think beyond hammers and nails. Some have already advanced to using biological treatments: BMP-7 a biological product that helps backs to heal, for instance. Lately I find that my critics such as yourself are becoming my competitors. Even you who call me names have tried HGH on your patients with success. That is a real compliment to me. Come out of your hole Dr. Anonymous. Stop hiding. Tell us who you are. What do you fear? The future? You have, by using HGH, just started on the path I started 40 years ago. Join the 21st Century Express. Help develop biological arthroplasty. Patients prefer that. Don't knock it. Support biologic arthroplasty. It is the wave of the future. That is my message to you and all orthopedists. Allan R. Dunn, M.D., Miami Florida. IAGH.COM
 03/03/2005 09:30 AM

Author Icon
farshchian

Hello everyone,My name is Dr. Farshchian and I am the medical director for center for regenerative medicine, I was informed by one of my patients, Mr Paul Likhart that a lot of people on Internet are wondering about new field of Regenerative Orthopedic Medicine , specifically in this chat room, I am very excited to see so much interest, however , it saddens me to read so much name calling and accusations etc.

Edited: 05/18/2008 at 03:09 PM by farshchian
 03/04/2005 06:46 AM

Author Icon
ted327

From the Department of Medicine at Baylor University: Study finds common knee surgery no better than placebo Osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint disease, is the most common form of arthritis, and commonly occurs in the knee. Symptoms include pain, stiffness, and swelling. Treatment typically involves pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory drugs, along with heat-therapy and exercise. When these fail, surgery is often recommended. In the United States, it is estimated that more than 650,000 arthroscopic debridement or lavage procedures are performed each year, many of these for arthritis, at a cost of about $5,000 each. "This study has important policy implications," Wray said. "We have shown that the entire driving force behind this billion dollar industry is the placebo effect. The health care industry should rethink how to test whether surgical procedures, done purely for the relief of subjective symptoms, are more efficacious than a placebo."
 03/04/2005 06:49 AM

Author Icon
ted327

looking for info. starting to wake up at night with pain in hands. needle like feeling. i have some aches as well. is this arthritis? any feedback is helpful thanks leslie
 03/04/2005 06:49 AM

Author Icon
ted327

looking for info. starting to wake up at night with pain in hands. needle like feeling. i have some aches as well. is this arthritis? any feedback is helpful thanks leslie
 03/04/2005 07:09 AM

Author Icon
gil

Thank you for participating in this discussion forum - I also appreciated your advice. In this regard are there physicians in the Baltimore/Washington area that I can meet with who share the same passion/vision as you. I gather I could go your web site ? to learn more about your successes - I would like to share your findings with the Doctor I am currently seeing - he seems open-minded to the approach but in my opinion is not schooled in this alternative. My final comment is what is holding doctors up from jumping on this bandwagon? Perhaps there have been discussions at teaching hospitals...
 03/04/2005 10:09 PM

Author Icon
jen23

From: IAGHDUNN@AOL.COM Posted: Feb. 13, 2005 - 09:55:56 PM Message 9 of 30 DR. ALLAN DUNN, A BOARD CERTIFIED ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON IN MIAMI, FLORIDA DISCOVERED IN 1965 THAT INTRA-ARTICLAR INJECTION OF GROWTH HORMONE (IAGH) CAUSED ARTICULAR CARTILAGE TO GROW. HIS DISCOVERY LED TO THE IAGH PROJECT AND THE TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH SEVERE ARTHRITIC JOINTS. IAGH INJECTIONS CAUSE PRODUCTION OF THE PATIENTS'S OWN STEM CELLS WHICH ARE SIGNALLED IN THE JOINT TO FORM CARTILAGE CELLS AND A NEW JOINT SURFACE. DR. DUNN IS A SCIENTIST AND DOES NOT ADVERTISE IN AIRPLANE MAGAZINES. DR. DUNN HAS LECTURED THROUGHOUT THE U.S. AND EUROPE. HE HAS BEEN TREATING PATIENTS SINCE 1998. DR. DUNN'S CREDENTIALS CAN BE REVIEWED AT IAGH.COM. PLEASE CALL DR. DUNN'S OFFICE IN MIAMI (888)848-6534 AND SPEAK TO SUSAN FOR MORE INFORMATION. SIGNED , A.R.DUNN, M.D.
 03/05/2005 12:34 AM

Author Icon
Justitia

Dunn -- do you have to keep posting your ad over and over again on several threads. It is a little disappointing to receive notices that there is a new post and only to come on one of the threads to find your ad again. I think people have seen enough of it. This is supposed to be a forum for discussion, not self-promotion. I think people here have pretty much expressed their sentiments regarding your ad. Certainly, it is time to stop posting it. I will consider filing a complaint against you if you do not stop. Justitia
 03/05/2005 09:24 AM

Author Icon
valerieacarr

I'm no expert about medical matters, but it seems to me that what you are experiencing doesn't sound like osteoarthritis. Maybe rhumatoid arthritis? Multiple schlerosis? You had better see a doctor (your family doc to start with) quickly is my advice - not one who injects HGH, a substance which has been shown to cause cancer in lab rats, therefore is not recommended for human treatments except treating Dwarfism. Valerie.
 03/07/2005 10:45 PM

Author Icon
IAGH1790

Justitia from Baltimore The purpose of this chat room is to disseminate new and exciting treatments. You violate this purpose by whining and complaining. Intra-Articular Growth Hormone (IAGH) injections have been used successfully to treat osteo- and rheumatoid arthritis of knees; osteo- and rheumatoid arthritis of ankles; osteochondritis of knees and ankles; osteochondral fractures of knees; septic staphylococcal arthritis of ankles; and other serious conditions for which previous treatments have been unsuccessful. I have been busy helping seriously handicapped patients and have not published all the results. I have been gathering data and learning how best to treat these many conditions. Writing articles requires one to cease treating patients for a time. I look forward to the time when I can write on so many subjects. You have to photograph X-rays, make diagrams, write, edit and re-edit - it is a monumental task. Perhaps you would volunteer several weeks of your time to help me publish several articles. You would certainly learn a lot from being on the cutting edge of medicine. Or would you be happy to whine and complain?
Pages: [ 1 2 3 >> Next ]
View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.